Saturday, September 20, 2014

Dove Hunting ... I mean Hog Hunting in Texas

Turns out it was a great day for hog hunting and not so good for dove hunting. My son and I left the house super early to make the drive to our hunting property for an early morning dove hunt. Once we hit the gate I pulled out my AR15 just in case we needed it. As we drove to our area to set up for dove it became clear the rifle was needed as a huge pig ran out in front of us. I slammed the truck to a stop and jumped out just in time to break the shot at the running boar and he dropped. Since there was one, we decided to drive the property and see if we found more. As you can see from the photos below, I picked off 4 more pigs at different locations. All my shots at these remaining pigs were from the truck with the exception of one. The last pig I had to bail out and chase it on foot as it tried to evade us. I was able to pig the sow off as she ran away from me through the trees. Needless to say we never saw any dove but had a great time with the pigs. Aligator eats a pig! Now that is hunting with Bait!

No comments:

Post a Comment