Sunday, July 14, 2013

Trail Camera Photos from July 2013 - Protein Feeders and Coon Deterrents

Here is some photos from my trail camera. This camera is setup on a custom protein feeder that I made in hopes to deter these pesky raccoons. However these little critters seem to not be phased by the amount of sharp edges I presented them with. Lots of bucks are showing up at and eating the protein. This is a good sign because as mid July approaches, the grass has already dried up here in Central Texas and food sources for the deer appear limited. On a side note, I've had multiple questions why I place fences around my feeders. The simple answer is to keep the cattle away from the feeders. As you can tell from one of the photos that task is not as easy as putting up a fence.

No comments:

Post a Comment